A warp unit is a device that creates a warp field.
Culture Minds build in the 14th century CE possessed a single internal warp unit. They were used to expand microscopic volumes around section of information to be manipulated. The volume limit was less than a cubic millimetre.
During the Idiran-Culture War a Mind managed to jury rig its warp unit to envelop itself and use it to reenter real space from hyperspace . When the damaged Mind was recovered and repaired it could not remember the modifications it had made.
- ↑ Consider Phlebas, chapter 9
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Consider Phlebas, State of play: one
- ↑ Consider Phlebas, Dramatis personae
- ↑ Consider Phlebas, chapter 4
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Consider Phlebas, chapter 11
- ↑ Consider Phlebas, chapter 6
- ↑ Surface Detail, chapter 26
- ↑ Consider Phlebas, chapter 3
- ↑ Consider Phlebas, chapter 2
- ↑ The Player of Games, chapter 2